Project Manager - London or Croydon
Hybrid Working - Competitive Salary
We are looking to hire a Project Manager capable of managing 2-3 projects in the London area.
This is an interesting role that will provide the successful candidate with exposure to a variety of interesting projects. Within this role you will work on projects across multiple sectors of our business, including a commercial fit-out project in central London and a high-end refurbishment project for a client in the leisure industry based just outside the M25, west of London.
We would love to hear from you if you are a capable project manager with strong client facing skills as well as pre and post contract experience. We can offer a great working environment and flexible working which includes the ability to work from home where convenient.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Project Manager role include:
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive risk and programme controls, and the provision of contractual advice
- Overseeing the contractors and subcontractor and ensuring the work that they are carrying out is to an acceptable standard, timely and within budget
- Prepare full tender documentation for consultant or contractor appointments, in line with the Henry Riley requirements and present these to the client for review and comment
- Manage the tender processes for consultant and contractor appointments
- Provide/obtain advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions and present to the client
- Attend and/or chair meetings within line with the appointment provisions
- Propose innovative initiatives on service delivery for Henry Riley management consideration
- Monitor the projects status and promptly identify any problems and provide solutions
- Ensure all health & safety regulations are being followed
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Several years of experience in a client facing project management role
- Experience of working on complex refurbishment and fit out projects
- Pre and post contract experience
- Familiar with administering contracts including JCT and/or NEC
- Strong client facing skills
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as the RICS, CIOB or APM is highly desirable, however may not be essential
- Project experience biased towards the built environment, including experience in sectors such as retail, commercial, leisure, healthcare or leisure
- The ability to manage multiple live projects concurrently
Investors in People accredited since 1998, Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services. Our success isn’t solely down to our ability to be visionary, innovative, and forward thinking, but our people who strive to be ambitious, creative, progressive and aspire to make a difference.
Our Vision is to become a more Diverse and Sustainable business, so we are delighted to learn from our 2021 Diversity & Inclusion survey our people reported we are a great place to work, scoring above our competitors in opportunity for growth, development, and leadership. This sets us in the spotlight for supporting our people with their growth and development in their careers, excellent work life balance and new hybrid working. High on our agenda and key to our Diversity and Inclusion targets, is supporting our people’s mental health and wellbeing. To help us achieve this, we have partnered with Mates in Mind who will be in raising awareness of Mental Health within our business and the construction industry. As a business we are working hard to actively reduce our carbon footprint and endeavour to undertake all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Henry Riley is EcoVadis Gold accredited, putting us in the top 5% of companies for our sustainability management system.
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer