The project comprised of an extension to the existing Ward Court Retirement Housing scheme. The extension utilised the existing garden space and consisted of five one-bedroom bungalows along with associated external works.
The development incorporates modern methods of construction (MMC), through the use of a light gauge steel frame / volumetric form of construction. The ‘turn-key’ contractor completed all the works, and the scheme was delivered within a 14-week construction programme. The bungalows were constructed and delivered to the site within five weeks from commencement.
The project was shortlisted for an Inside Housing Award.
- The scheme was delivered in a total of 7 months from the engagement of the modular contractor.
- MMC element delivered by M-AR. We worked very closely with https://m-ar.co.uk/’s design team to achieve a very high specification whilst maintaining the budget
- Panelised roof tile covering adding to the speed of the project
- Due to the light gauge steel frame and modules constructed offsite, the bungalows were craned in over the course of 2 days and a limited amount of disruption to existing residents and staff and the adjacent school
- Used brick slips for the walls partly made in the factory and finished off-site.