The works comprise of a new build seven storey building and setback top floor (for plant and a terrace).
The development utilises cross-laminated timber (CLT) frame.
- Designed to achieve BREEAM ‘Excellent’
- Designed to achieve WiredScore ‘Platinum’
- Designed to achieve WELL ‘Gold’.
- Due to the use of the CLT frame, the LCA has shown the total embodied carbon for the building is -345 kgCO2e/m². The negative value of the embodied carbon for the building can be explained by the use of timber for the floor and frame of the building, which offer the double benefit of sequestering CO² from the atmosphere during the timber lifespan as well as requiring less energy to produce.
The following elements have been excluded from both the LCA and LCC analyses:
- Internal fit-out items.
- Building services.
- Other external works
- Electricity, fuel and water used during the construction of the building.
(Information courtesy of Eight Associates).