Trainee Monitoring Surveyor - Croydon
Hybrid Working - Competitive Salary
Full Time / Part Time
Henry Riley has a vacancy for a Trainee Monitoring Surveyor in our Croydon office. No prior experience in a construction, or surveying role is required. Instead, we are looking for a bright, organised candidate who is capable of fulfilling a role which will combine administrative and technical skills.
We can provide full support and training as well as a personable working environment where you will develop your skills to become and effective Trainee/Assistant Monitoring Surveyor and provide support to our management team.
The successful candidate will need to have strong IT skills, sound numerical skills and or the organisational skills to manage tasks relating to multiple projects at any one time. Therefore, the ability to priototise task and meet tight deadlines will also be key to your success.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Trainee Monitoring Surveyor role include:
The successful candidate will initially be expected to perform some of these duties autonomously, whilst acting in a supporting role on others until they are comfortable performing them independently.
- Proof-reading, formatting, comp-checking and compiling Bank Monitoring reports and issuing to clients, ensuring latest templates are used and that all reports are kept to a high standard. Querying any errors with surveyors and responding to queries from funders.
- Managing projects on the company system, intranet and internal trackers.
- Requesting and issuing of invoices to clients and dealing with related queries. Chasing unpaid invoices and handling internal queries from finance.
- Managing office supplies/PPE equipment and incoming/outgoing post and couriers.
- Being responsible for the Head Office Health & Safety management in line with ISO 9001 guidelines.
- Liaising with building landlord, suppliers and cleaners to ensure the smooth-running of Head Office.
- Redacting existing reports to be issued as examples, assisting with fee quotes and checking new instructions before signing and returning to the funder.
- Managing the Docusign account for the Croydon office and other administrative duties as needed.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Experience of working in an office environment, ideally relating to a form of professional services is desirable
- Experience of working in an administrative biased role
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks based on strict deadlines
- Confident and professional manner to deal with client enquiries
- Experience of using MS Office and willing to learn new IT packages
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external parties
- Strong writing and numerical skills are essential
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Candidates holding a formal qualification such as a degree or similar equivalent would be desirable
Investors in People accredited since 1998, Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services. Our success isn’t solely down to our ability to be visionary, innovative, and forward thinking, but our people who strive to be ambitious, creative, progressive and aspire to make a difference.
Our Vision is to become a more Diverse and Sustainable business, so we are delighted to learn from our 2021 Diversity & Inclusion survey our people reported we are a great place to work, scoring above our competitors in opportunity for growth, development, and leadership. This sets us in the spotlight for supporting our people with their growth and development in their careers, excellent work life balance and new hybrid working. High on our agenda and key to our Diversity and Inclusion targets, is supporting our people’s mental health and wellbeing. To help us achieve this, we have partnered with Mates in Mind who will be in raising awareness of Mental Health within our business and the construction industry. As a business we are working hard to actively reduce our carbon footprint and endeavour to undertake all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Henry Riley is EcoVadis Gold accredited, putting us in the top 5% of companies for our sustainability management system.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please use the ‘Apply Now’ prompt and upload your CV, or alternatively you can forward a CV stating the role you wish to apply for in the subject to: email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer