Senior Quantity Surveyor - Cambridge
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 10 offices throughout the UK and Australia. Henry Riley is a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy, specialising in Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Project Monitoring and Health & Safety.
Our success over the last 130 years has been down our internal core values that are deeply ingrained within our business and serve as our cultural cornerstone coupled with our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 17% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have an exciting position for a driven Intermediate to Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Cambridge to work on projects within the Health, Education and Residential sectors.
The office has a broad range of projects across all sectors and a settled friendly team who pride themselves on customer care. The vacancy has arisen due to the retirement of a long serving staff member. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a business that strives to be the best and recognises and rewards staff for the part they play. The role offers a position within a dynamic and diverse team in an office that continues to grow despite the current economic challenges.
Our people are our business. We firmly believe in everyone’s continuous development, whether this be formal training such as our Apprentice Scheme or APC programme, personal development or exposure across different projects and sectors. We rely on our internal core values of Integrity, Passion, Empathy, Flexibility and Autonomy in how we deliver our work to our clients and each other.
We invest heavily on our internal APC programme with positive success rates. It is also an opportunity to meet peers and colleagues from across the business who are on this programme and interact with other mentors.
Core tasks and Duties:
- Preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates
- Contract administrative agreement of final accounts,
- Estimating and cost planning
- Preparation of tenders, including managing the pre-qualification stage, tender analysis, producing tender report and compiling contractual documents
- Conduct cost checks, carry out valuations ensuring on projects to a time and cost effective manor
- Preparation of financial reports
- Dealing effectively and producing post contract cost reports
- Inputting into value engineering
- Client facing at all stages of project
- Administration of the contracts
- Key Client Management
- Manage the delivery of cost management services on projects, producing the required deliverables including budget, time constraints and quality requirements.
- Implement the preparation and maintenance of cost reports
- Supporting and mentoring member of staff in training.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Hold 5+ years of experience in a similar role, in a Consultancy
- Degree educated in appropriate field of study
- Hold MRICS or can demonstrate experience equivalent to this level
- Strong cross sector experience with a focus on Refurbishment projects
- Strong Pre-Contract experience essential
- CostX or similar digital measuring experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office Suite
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer service
- Ability to work as part of team and also work remotely
- Have a team work approach and be willing to support colleagues and the business.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Flexible approach with working from home options
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Supportive and structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Transparent business communications and staff inclusive business approach
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer