Senior Quantity Surveyor - Birmingham
Hybrid Working - Competitive Salary
Due to strong growth within our residential division, we are seeking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor with strong client facing skills to oversee a number of projects within the division. The successful candidate will be assigned to our Birmingham office, but will also be required to visit sites in North London on occasions.
Our residential division is the largest and most established sector within Henry Riley LLP. We work with many reputable clients on exciting residential projects nationwide. Such projects could include new build and refurbishment works within the residential sector, including (but not limited to) large scale city centre developments and buy to rent developments.
If you are a Chartered (RICS) Quantity Surveyor or working towards your chartership and have experience of working on large scale projects within the residential sector, then we would love to hear from you in relation to this vacancy.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor role include:
- Working as part of a team of surveyors and project managers reporting into the Director whilst providing a cost consulting role the client
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice
- Attend and/or chair meetings with client
- Prepare financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Prepare full tender documentation
- Provide advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions
- Provide advice on suitability and preparation of contract documents
- Prepare management reports
- Monitor performance milestones and deliverables
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full post contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes
- Provide day-to-day cost management of projects from estimate preparation through to final account settlements
- Management and mentorship of junior Quantity Surveyors within the team
Desired qualifications and experience:
- A relevant degree or masters qualification in quantity surveyor or similar equivalent subject
- Full membership to the RICS or similarly reputable professional body is desired. However, we will consider candidates who have made significant progress towards their RICS membership. Full support can be provided to candidates needing to complete their RICS application.
- Prior experience of working in a consultancy side Quantity Surveying role carrying out pre and post contract duties
- Experience of working on large scale, city centre residential projects or similarly complex projects is desired
- Some experience of fire remedial work would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Familiar with common forms of contract such as JCT and NEC
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out tendering and procurement processes
- The ability to work closely with junior members of staff and provide mentorship
- Familiar with working on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong client facing skills
Investors in People accredited since 1998, Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services.
Our success isn’t solely down to our ability to be visionary, innovative, and forward thinking. But also, our people who strive to be ambitious, creative, progressive and aspire to make a difference.
Our Vision is to become a more diverse and sustainable business, so we are delighted to learn from our 2021 diversity & inclusion survey which reported we are a great place to work. Scoring above our competitors in opportunity for growth, development, and leadership.
We are dedicated to support our people with their professional growth and development as well as providing an excellent work life balance for our staff. We are a progressive business and have embraced hybrid working in recent years.
High on our agenda and key to our diversity and inclusion targets is supporting our people’s mental health and wellbeing. To help us achieve this, we have partnered with Mates in Mind who will be helping us in raising awareness of mental health within our business and the construction industry.
As a business we are working hard to actively reduce our carbon footprint and endeavour to undertake all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Henry Riley is EcoVadis Gold accredited, putting us in the top 5% of companies for our sustainability management system.
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer