Senior Project Manager – London or Croydon
Hybrid Working - Competitive Salary
Henry Riley is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager in the South East to work on a programme of works with a leading client in the finance sector.
The successful candidate will report into the Director and take responsibility for managing multiple projects on behalf of our client. The scope of work will largely be commercial and retail refurbishment work with some M&E related to these schemes.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with strong client facing skills and the ability to manage a large portfolio of projects with a single client.
The successful candidate will be offered a hybrid contract and will be expected to manage their time adequately between the office, site and working from home.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Project Manger role include:
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive risk and programme controls and the provision of contractual advice
- Prepare full tender documentation, for consultant or contractor appointments, in line with the Henry Riley requirements and present these to the client for review and comment
- Administer the tender processes for consultant and contractor appointments
- Provide /obtain advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions and present to the client
- Administer / manage cost/variation procedures as applicable under the relevant Appointment or Contract
- Attend and/or chair meetings within line with the appointment provisions
- Prepare financial and progress reports for the client, ensuring their specific data requirements are included
- Instigate value engineering and standardisation processes aimed at optimising efficiency for both Henry Riley and the client
- Propose innovative initiatives on service delivery for Henry Riley management consideration
- Prepare development and delivery programmes in Microsoft Project, ensuring the key deliverable objectives are understood and reported adequately
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as the CIOB or RICS would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Proven capability of managing a large volume of smaller value projects for a similar consultancy business
- Significant experience of working on projects within the building sector, particularly refurbishment projects in the commercial or retail sectors
- Experience of administering contracts under JCT contract, including design and build and traditional forms
- Strong experience in managing the tender process
- Have an understanding of, and ensure the principles and statutory regulations for Health & Safety are complied with throughout the project lifecycle
- Keep up to date with industry standards and best practice and takes responsibility for and actively seek opportunities for self-development.
- Comply with QA procedures to reduce potential commercial risk to the business
Investors in People accredited since 1998, Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services.
Our success isn’t solely down to our ability to be visionary, innovative, and forward thinking. But also, our people who strive to be ambitious, creative, progressive and aspire to make a difference.
Our Vision is to become a more diverse and sustainable business, so we are delighted to learn from our 2021 diversity & inclusion survey which reported we are a great place to work. Scoring above our competitors in opportunity for growth, development, and leadership.
We are dedicated to support our people with their professional growth and development as well as providing an excellent work life balance for our staff. We are a progressive business and have embraced hybrid working in recent years.
High on our agenda and key to our diversity and inclusion targets is supporting our people’s mental health and wellbeing. To help us achieve this, we have partnered with Mates in Mind who will be helping us in raising awareness of mental health within our business and the construction industry.
As a business we are working hard to actively reduce our carbon footprint and endeavour to undertake all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Henry Riley is EcoVadis Gold accredited, putting us in the top 5% of companies for our sustainability management system.
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer