Senior Project Manager - London or Birmingham
Full Time - London or Birmingham
Henry Riley LLP is a leading UK property and construction consultancy with a national and international presence. The success of Henry Riley for 130 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking.
Our experience across numerous sectors, and our commitment to being responsive and reliable, has enabled us to develop strong and ongoing relationships with our clients.
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we are dedicated to training and supporting them to achieve their potential. We value their wellbeing, and our friendly and dynamic working environments and company culture ensure we maintain high staff satisfaction levels.
Henry Riley was one of the first UK construction consultancy firms to be accredited with the Investors In People award and are ‘gold accredited’, which is only awarded to the top 17% of employers.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the requirements of the appointment/project are achieved, and the client’s objectives, such as time and commercial (financial) position of construction projects, are effectively controlled and accurately reported.
The Senior Project Manager project manager is also expected to take the lead role in managing their own project support, these being, Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers.
You will be required to advise on and manage projects at all RIBA Stages, covering both pre- and post-Contract.
As a key contact to clients, you will need to build strong relationships and be confident at interpreting and presenting data in the delivery of projects. You will be required to build strong team working skills to manage activities between multiple parties, such as clients, contractors and professional team members
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive risk and programme controls and the provision of contractual advice
- Attend and/or chair meetings in line with the appointment provisions
- Prepare financial and progress reports for the client, ensuring their specific data requirements are included
- Prepare full tender documentation, for consultant or contractor appointments, in line with the Henry Riley requirements and present these to the client for review and comment
- Administer the tender processes for consultant and contractor appointments
- Provide/obtain advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions and present to the client
- Administer / manage cost/variation procedures as applicable under the relevant Appointment or Contract
- Manage the Quantity Surveyor in full post contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes
- Administer the build contract on behalf of the client
- Obtain professional advice for clients on taxation and any benefits/grants/exemptions that may be claimed
- Instigate value engineering and standardisation processes aimed at optimising efficiency for both Henry Riley and the client
- Propose innovative initiatives on service delivery for Henry Riley management consideration
- Prepare development and delivery programmes in Microsoft Project, ensuring the key deliverable objectives are understood and reported against
- Have an understanding of, and ensure the principles and statutory regulations for Health & Safety are complied with throughout the project lifecycle
- Keep up to date with industry standards and best practice and takes responsibility for and actively seeks opportunities for self-development.
- Comply with QA procedures to reduce potential commercial risk to the business
Direct Reports - Project Manager
Key Internal Relationships - Surveyors / Senior Project Managers
Key External Relationships - Existing clients, Contractors, Design Team
Requirements for the role
Qualifications and experience
- Hold 5+ years of industry experience, with a background in a construction consultancy is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of working across the Industrial and Logistics sectors
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying and/or Project Management
- Ideally be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the equivalent of a similar recognised professional body
- Previous experience of being involved with/supporting the resolution of contractual and legal matters
- Ability to support negotiations with other involved parties.
Knowledge and technical skills
- Must have in depth knowledge/skills of a Quantity Surveyor and/or a Project Manager
- Ability to develop and mentor junior members of staff
- Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
- Contract knowledge, including JCT and NEC
- Sound knowledge of Procurement processes
- Sound knowledge of Construction Technology to understand and question the solutions presented by the design team as appropriate
Behaviours linked to values
- Is well organised and can work under pressure
- Tackles problems and takes responsibility for reaching solutions.
- Seeks feedback on and works to improve performance.
- Strong delegation skills.
- Works well with others and demonstrates team player skills
- Changes style to suit different situations/managers/Clients.
- Recognises the key aspects of a problem and works to find a commercially sound solution
- Uses facts, data and rational arguments to influence.
- Understands what colleagues need to know and keeps them informed.
- Timely completion of information on all active projects
- Excellent and clear communication, both written and verbal
Training and Benefits
- We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.