Senior Project Manager - Any UK Location
Hybrid Working - Competitive Salary
Henry Riley are actively recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to work predominantly within our retail division. This is an exciting division within our business, which boasts several prestigious and longstanding clients as well as some interesting individual projects and ambitious programmes of work.
We are looking for an established Project Manager with strong pre-contract experience to manage one of our key accounts nationally. Whilst this is not a purely pre-contract role, there will be a strong element of pre-contract work in the early stages. Therefore, candidates will need to have demonstrable pre-contract experience to be suitable for this vacancy.
This role offers a lot of flexibility in terms of location and the successful candidate could be based anywhere in England providing they are willing to travel to sites nationally when required.
We are specifically looking for a candidate who has operated in a similar client facing role and can provide an exceptional level of service to our client. You will be responsible for managing several projects from inception stage through to completion.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager role include:
- To work on a high volume of projects from inception through to completion
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive risk and programme controls and the provision of contractual advice
- Prepare full tender documentation, for consultant or contractor appointments, in line with the Henry Riley requirements and present these to the client for review and comment
- Manage the tender processes for consultant and contractor appointments
- Provide/obtain advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions and present to the client
- Attend and/or chair meetings within line with the appointment provisions
- Propose innovative initiatives on service delivery for Henry Riley management consideration
- Overseeing the contractors and subcontractor and ensuring the work that they are carrying out is to an acceptable standard, timely and within budget
- Monitor the projects status and promptly identify any problems and provide solutions
- Ensure all health & safety regulations are being followed
Desired qualifications and experience:
- A strong bias towards working as a Project Manager for a similar PM Consultancy in a client facing role.
- Previous experience of managing rollout programmes in the retail sector is desirable, but may not be essential
- Demonstrable experience of working on projects at pre-contract stage is essential
- A degree in a relevant subject is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS, CIOB or the APM would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Strong client facing skills are essential
Investors in People accredited since 1998, Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services. Our success isn’t solely down to our ability to be visionary, innovative, and forward thinking, but our people who strive to be ambitious, creative, progressive and aspire to make a difference.
Our Vision is to become a more Diverse and Sustainable business, so we are delighted to learn from our 2021 Diversity & Inclusion survey our people reported we are a great place to work, scoring above our competitors in opportunity for growth, development, and leadership. This sets us in the spotlight for supporting our people with their growth and development in their careers, excellent work life balance and new hybrid working. High on our agenda and key to our Diversity and Inclusion targets, is supporting our people’s mental health and wellbeing. To help us achieve this, we have partnered with Mates in Mind who will be in raising awareness of Mental Health within our business and the construction industry. As a business we are working hard to actively reduce our carbon footprint and endeavour to undertake all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Henry Riley is EcoVadis Gold accredited, putting us in the top 5% of companies for our sustainability management system.
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer