Quantity Surveyor - Newcastle
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence and we currently employ 160+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have an exciting position for a driven Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team based in Newcastle. You will be supported in your personal development and rewarded for your contribution to the success of the business.
Our culture and values show our people are our business, priding ourselves on our integrity, flexibility, autonomy and providing support at all stages of your career. We believe in giving you exposure to the nine different industry sectors we work across, with this role having a particular focus on Retail, Residential and Leisure.
We pride ourselves on our internal APC program where you will receive full support from your own supervisor plus quarterly away days and with other colleagues from all levels in the business. We strive to provide you training and support over all stages of your career. You will also benefit from fantastic benefits package which includes flexibility to work from home and regular social events!
Core tasks and Duties (but not limited to):
- Preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates
- Contract administrative agreement of final accounts,
- Estimating and cost planning
- Preparation of tenders, including managing the pre-qualification stage, tender analysis, producing tender report and compiling contractual documents
- Conduct cost checks, carry out valuations ensuring on projects to a time and cost effective manor
- Dealing effectively and producing post contract cost reports
- Inputting into value engineering
- Client facing at all stages of projects.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Hold 2+ years of experience in a similar role, ideally in a Consultancy
- Degree educated in appropriate field of study
- Hold MRICS or be willing to or already be working towards Chartered Status
- Strong cross sector experience with a focus on Retail, Residential and Leisure
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Project and Advantage)
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer service
- Have a team work approach and be willing to support colleagues and the business.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.