Quality and Risk Manager
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 10 offices throughout the UK and Australia. Henry Riley is a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy, specialising in Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Project Monitoring and Health & Safety.
Our success over the last 130 years has been down our internal core values that are deeply ingrained within our business and serve as our cultural cornerstone coupled with our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 17% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced construction professional to join our Quality and Risk Team. The role will involve promoting and maintaining the highest levels of quality and competence across the business and achieving efficiency through a consistent approach to service delivery. We have held the quality standard ISO 9001 for 15 years and continuous improvement is at the centre of our service delivery to our ‘blue chip’ clients.
This role will focus on two core areas:
- Carry out extensive project reviews of our service delivery in line with our Quality Management System and best industry practice
- Maintain consistency across our network of offices by improving our suite of existing technical documents in relation to our cost consultancy and project management services.
This role is not client facing, the successful candidate will report to the Quality and Risk Partner. Working days will be either 4 or 5 days a week, open for further discussion with successful applicant. Occasional travel will be required to our regional offices, located in Birmingham, Bolton, Bristol, Cambridge, Croydon, Leicester, London, Manchester and Newcastle.
As a business we are always evolving and as such the successful applicant will also have the opportunity to help grow and develop the Business Advisory service which we offer to our clients. This element of the role would be client facing and ideal for a candidate who is ambitious and keen to be part of an exciting new venture as it develops. However, interest in the Business Advisory role is not an essential requirement and applications are welcome from those who would prefer to undertake the Quality and Risk role in isolation in a non-client facing capacity.
Our people are our business. We firmly believe in everyone’s continuous development, whether this be formal training such as our Apprentice Scheme or APC programme, personal development or exposure across different projects and sectors. We rely on our internal core values of Integrity, Passion, Empathy, Flexibility and Autonomy in how we deliver our work to our clients and each other.
We invest heavily on our internal APC programme with positive success rates. It is also an opportunity to meet peers and colleagues from across the business who are on this programme and interact with other mentors.
Core tasks and Duties:
- Assist with the planning and programming of audits to be undertaken in conjunction with the Quality & Risk Partner and the Regional Office Partners.
- Conduct project audits across 9 regional offices in line with the agreed audit programme (in person and via MS Teams).
- Raise non-conformity reports and identify best-practice/process-improvements as a direct result.
- Ensure that all planned corrective action within the Regional Office is undertaken within the agreed timeframe.
- Improve existing technical documents and create new ones where required. This will involve liaising with a variety of technical staff to inform the development of these documents.
- Maintain Quality Management System audit records in accordance with ISO9001:2015.
- Report to the Quality and Risk Partner on day-to-day QMS issues and on areas for improvement.
- Assist the Quality and Risk Partner with the review of client appointments and contractual obligations.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Ideally a Chartered Quantity Surveyor or Project Manager (MRICS or similar) but other construction professionals will be considered
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, all aspects of MS Office
- First rate interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of working with personnel at all levels within the Partnership
- A self-starter able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- Flexible approach with working from home options
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Supportive and structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Transparent business communications and staff inclusive business approach
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com.
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.