Project Manager – Newcastle
Hybrid Working - Competitive Salary
Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services.
We are seeking to hire a Project Manager to be based in our Newcastle office take ownership of multiple projects in the North East region.
Whilst working in this role you will gain exposure to working on projects across many sectors of the built environment including healthcare, retail, industrial and much more.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Project Manager role include:
- Management of projects from inception through to completion
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive risk and programme controls and the provision of contractual advice
- Prepare full tender documentation, for consultant or contractor appointments, in line with the Henry Riley requirements and present these to the client for review and comment
- Development and management of the programme
- Providing our client(s) with the highest level of service at all times
- Prepare financial and progress reports for the client, ensuring their specific data requirements are included
- Instigate value engineering and standardisation processes aimed at optimising efficiency for both Henry Riley and the client
- Provide /obtain advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions and present to the client
- Prepare development and delivery programmes in Microsoft Project, ensuring the key deliverable objectives are understood and reported adequately
- Setting up and implementing systems and procedures
- Document management
- Contract Administration
- Health & Safety
- Risk management
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Hold a degree qualification or similar equivalent in a relevant subject such as construction project management
- Experience of working in a client facing project management role specifically within the construction industry
- Experience of managing construction new build and refurbishment projects in the built environment.
- Strong client facing skills and demonstrable experience of stakeholder management
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
Investors in People accredited since 1998, Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services.
Our success isn’t solely down to our ability to be visionary, innovative, and forward thinking. But also, our people who strive to be ambitious, creative, progressive and aspire to make a difference.
Our Vision is to become a more diverse and sustainable business, so we are delighted to learn from our 2021 diversity & inclusion survey which reported we are a great place to work. Scoring above our competitors in opportunity for growth, development, and leadership.
We are dedicated to support our people with their professional growth and development as well as providing an excellent work life balance for our staff. We are a progressive business and have embraced hybrid working in recent years.
High on our agenda and key to our diversity and inclusion targets is supporting our people’s mental health and wellbeing. To help us achieve this, we have partnered with Mates in Mind who will be helping us in raising awareness of mental health within our business and the construction industry.
As a business we are working hard to actively reduce our carbon footprint and endeavour to undertake all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Henry Riley is EcoVadis Gold accredited, putting us in the top 5% of companies for our sustainability management system.
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer