M&E Quantity Surveyor – London or Croydon
Hybrid Working - Competitive Salary
Due to continued growth within the business, Henry Riley is looking to hire a Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) biased Quantity Surveyor for our Southeast offices. The successful candidate could be based from either our London or Croydon office.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record as a Quantity Surveyor, Cost Manager or Cost Consultant who has performed a specialist M&E biased role for most of their career.
Whilst working for Henry Riley, you will work with distinguished clients across a variety of sectors including commercial, retail and residential.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the M&E Quantity Surveyor role include:
- Ensuring the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Preparing financial reports
- Monitoring the projects status and providing reports on progress
- Provide cost on design solutions
- Managing the tender process
- Carrying out feasibility studies
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full contract surveying duties including feasibility and pre-contract estimating, establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes
- Manage all aspects of the contractual and financial side of core M+E projects
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Must hold a Degree or similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Candidates are not required to be Chartered with the RICS, however this would be advantageous. For those looking to achieve this, or currently doing their APC to become chartered, Henry Riley have an industry leading APC programme and can provide full support to candidates wanting to achieve chartered status.
- Have strong technical expertise relating specifically to familiar M&E systems for projects within the built environment
- The ability to carry out a full range of pre and post contract duties as a Quantity Surveyor
- Strong reporting skills and the ability to follow leading industry systems and procedures
- Candidates from a consultancy, developer or contractor background will be considered
Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services. Our success isn’t solely down to our ability to be visionary, innovative, and forward thinking, but our people who strive to be ambitious, creative, progressive and aspire to make a difference.
Our Vision is to become a more Diverse and Sustainable business, so we are delighted to learn from our 2021 Diversity & Inclusion survey our people reported we are a great place to work, scoring above our competitors in opportunity for growth, development, and leadership. This sets us in the spotlight for supporting our people with their growth and development in their careers, excellent work life balance and new hybrid working. High on our agenda and key to our Diversity and Inclusion targets, is supporting our people’s mental health and wellbeing. To help us achieve this, we have partnered with Mates in Mind who will be in raising awareness of Mental Health within our business and the construction industry.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please use the ‘Apply Now’ prompt to the right to upload a CV, or alternatively you can forward a CV stating the role you wish to apply for in the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer