Health and Safety / CDM Advisor
Full Time - Nationwide
Henry Riley LLP is a leading UK and property and construction consultancy with a national and international presence. The success of Henry Riley for 130 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking.
Our experience across numerous sectors and our commitment to being responsive and reliable, has enabled us to develop strong and ongoing relationships with our clients.
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we are dedicated to training and supporting them to achieve their potential. We value their wellbeing, and our friendly and dynamic working environments and company culture ensure we maintain high staff satisfaction levels.
Henry Riley was one of the first UK construction consultancy firms to be accredited with the Investors In People award and are ‘gold accredited’, which is only awarded to the top 17% of employers.
Our working practices are underpinned by internal values, which we expect our employees to understand, embrace and apply to everything we do, therefore creating an environment for everyone to grow and work as a truly cohesive team.
Purpose and Scope
We are seeking CDM/H&S Advisors to join us working in multiple locations across the UK. These exciting opportunities are to work specifically with one our biggest and most successful clients, so these unique positions are something not to be missed!
The CDM/H&S Advisor is required to provide advice, support and assistance with all matters of Health & Safety including compliance with CDM 2015 regulations, other associated statutory legislation and guidance on construction safety matters.
You may also be required to develop and deliver training to clients, to continuously keep clients up to date with current regulations and operating to the highest of safety standards.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- To fulfil the role as a professional and diligent Health & Safety/CDM Advisor/Principle Designer
- Work in partnership with the Department lead to develop, review, monitor, manage and comply with Service delivery and associated processes/procedures
- Manage compliance with our standard schedules of services as provided to Clients
- To ensure a consistent and high level of H&S service
- Provide professional and pragmatic advice on H&S issues to the client
- Manage all aspects of all client relationships, chair/attendance of meetings, production of relevant reports, follow-up on actions etc. to ensure client satisfaction
- Responsibility for Health & Safety audits, undertaking construction site inspections, provide reports and feedback on Client projects
- Act as an investigator for Health & Safety accidents and incidences to ascertain root cause and develop mitigation action plans to eliminate all causes and potential risks
- Develop and deliver (as may be required) training and presentations on H&S matters and risks
- Deliver (as may be required) risk review workshops and design reviews
- Monitor, update and implement the company Health & Safety Policy and arrangements
- To assist with the development and support of Health & Safety promotions and initiatives
- To comply fully with internal QMS standards, to reduce commercial risk to the business.
Direct Reports - N/A
Key Internal Relationships - Department Technical Director / Department Head, QS Department, PM Department
Key External Relationships - Existing clients, Contractors
Requirements for the role
Qualifications and experience
- Previous industry experience within a Health & Safety/CDM Advisor or Principal Designer role
- Hold NEBOSH Construction certificate or equivalent
- Strong general industry sector experience
- Hold NEBOSH Construction/Diploma construction Level 6
- Minimum Grad IoSH Level preferred Chartered Status but not essential
- 10 years Health & Safety experience in the construction industry, (the years of experience may be exempted if the candidates shows credible performance during interview).
Knowledge and technical skills
- Strong general industry sector experience desirable
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Communication & influencing skills at all levels within the organisation & externally
- Ability to provide health and safety training and presentations internally to staff and externally to clients and others.
To ensure they act in the best interests of the business ensuring customer care.
- Knowledgeable and confident in delivering key legislative H&S advice/recommendations
- Thorough and diligent in approach and conduct
- Readily adopts and promotes Business’ core values
Client Project Requirements;
- Individual will need to complete clients internal safety audits and processes with strict return deadlines
- Support client onsite to ensure safety of all during the construction process at all stages
- Be an integral part of overall assurance and management of H&S aspects of the project from preconstruction stage to full hand over of the project
- Coordinate with developers and safety managers to assist in the maintenance of a safe area and working environment, providing comments and advice
- Provide and submit a H&S management plan from preconstruction to project end
- Provide reviews and advice to the health and safety plan provided, along with compliance checks for local H&S legislation for the construction of industrial sites
- Must provide a hazard review and management reviews, including emergency, crisis & pandemic procedures for all project participants in all stages of the project
- Health and Safety statistics submissions
- Provide developer and contractor H&S performance standards evaluations
- COVID compliance evaluations
- H&S System and legal aspect audits
- Attend and all necessary meetings and coordinate H&S meetings to develop and conclude proposals, discuss procedures to be adopted and result in firmed up requirements
- Ensure requirements of health & safety are communicated effectively across project participants
- Attend site daily and provide a regular inspection of the project due to the numbers working on project along with the organisation of a twice monthly safety walk with senior safety team
- Provide notifications of incident investigations
- Regular RAMS reviews and status updates
- Post Construction, provide a review of lessons learned any alternatives to future projects.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.