Executive Assistant - Croydon/London
Full Time - Croydon/London
Henry Riley LLP is a leading UK and property and construction consultancy with a national and international presence. The success of Henry Riley for 130 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking.
Our experience across numerous sectors and our commitment to being responsive and reliable, has enabled us to develop strong and ongoing relationships with our clients.
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we are dedicated to training and supporting them to achieve their potential. We value their wellbeing, and our friendly and dynamic working environments and company culture ensure we maintain high staff satisfaction levels.
Henry Riley was one of the first UK construction consultancy firms to be accredited with the Investors In People award and are ‘gold accredited’, which is only awarded to the top 17% of employers.
Our working practices are underpinned by internal values, which we expect our employees to understand, embrace and apply to everything we do, therefore creating an environment for everyone to grow and work as a truly cohesive team.
Purpose and Scope
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing a first-class administration and customer experience function to Henry Riley LLP, ESP and Nidus, Management Board and Executive Directors.
Reporting to the Head of HR this is a hybrid role that has a requirement to work across all our offices nationwide, but primarily based in our head office in Croydon.
The purpose of this role is to provide first class administration support to the Executive Directors and Management Board which includes minute taking and distribution, as well as managing diaries and supporting across variously sized company events. Also, to oversee the office Health and Safety responsibilities across the business.
This is a key role which plays an integral part in supporting the business through a significant amount of change to deliver against our 5-year business plan.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Management Board with meetings, distributing minutes of meeting in a timely manner and driving Management Board actions.
- Provide administration support to Executive Directors, coordinating meetings, which include draft agendas gathering and distributing all necessary documents.
- Support the Head of HR to deliver a first-class administration function with a strong focus on excellent customer experience.
- Organise the Management Board and Executive Directors diaries, organising, and booking travel/hotels and arranging small events.
- Support the Marketing team with large company events.
- Ensure the Health and Safety Administration team deliver on the company wide internal health and safety responsibilities safeguarding our workforce, while meeting ISO 54001 standards.
- Lead on the Investors in People accreditation.
Direct Reports - Administration Team, Health & Safety Administrators
Key Internal Relationships - Senior Quantity Surveyors / Senior Project Managers, Executive Directors Head of HR, Corporate Services, Consultancy Services and heads of department, ESP, Nidus
Key External Relationships - External Providers
Requirements for the role
Qualifications and experience
Should have one or more of the following or equivalent experience:
- 5 GCSE, grade C and above in English and Maths or an Advanced Apprenticeship.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 Business Administration
- Higher Professional Diploma in Business Administration
- A BETC in Business Studies
- City in Guilds Advanced Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hold 3+ years of administration experience.
- Experience in driving best in class customer experience service.
Knowledge and technical skills
- Previous experience of supporting at Management Board and Executive Directors.
- Must have an excellent attention to detail.
- Solid experience to produce high level meeting minutes.
- Must have experience in organising company events, booking hotels, travel and negotiating best prices.
- Understanding and knowledge of office Health and Safety best practices would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of supporting on accreditations – advantageous.
- Be IT literate: Advanced level skills in Word, Windows, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Excel
Behaviours linked to values
- Must demonstrate integrity and maintain confidentiality, at all times.
- Must be an excellent communicator, written, active listening skills and interpersonal communications.
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Be self - motivated and proactive.
- Efficient, flexible and a great organiser while working well under pressure.
- Experience of a fast-paced construction industry would be a distinct advantage.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.