Development Manager - South East
Henry Riley LLP is a leading UK property and construction consultancy with a national and international presence. The success of Henry Riley for 130 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking.
Our experience across numerous sectors, and our commitment to being responsive and reliable, has enabled us to develop strong and ongoing relationships with our clients.
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we are dedicated to training and supporting them to achieve their potential. We value their wellbeing, and our friendly and dynamic working environments and company culture ensure we maintain high staff satisfaction levels.
Henry Riley was one of the first UK construction consultancy firms to be accredited with the Investors In People award and are ‘gold accredited’, which is only awarded to the top 17% of employers.
We have an exciting position for a driven Development Manager to join our team! The location for this role can be flexible in the South East area, with a link to our Croydon and London offices. The roles gives you the opportunity to work with one of our biggest clients and projects across the Retail sector.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a business that strives to be the best and recognises and rewards staff for the part they play. The role offers a position within a dynamic and diverse team in an office that continues to grow despite the current economic challenges.
Our people are our business. We firmly believe in everyone’s continuous development, whether this be formal training such as our Apprentice Scheme or APC programme, personal development or exposure across different projects and sectors. We rely on our internal core values of Integrity, Passion, Empathy, Flexibility and Autonomy in how we deliver our work to our clients and each other.
We invest heavily on our internal APC programme with positive success rates. It is also an opportunity to meet peers and colleagues from across the business who are on this programme and interact with other mentors.
Core tasks and Duties:
- Undertake initial feasibility and determine the project brief
- Work with selected team to deliver the project and oversee their appointment
- Assist the internal team with preparation of reports, developmental proposals etc.
- Provide pre-development advice and due diligence on projects including, designs, cost, construction programmes, solution, viability and more
- Set up, negotiate and administer various form of agreements involving all parties
- Support the team and external team in developing the design and planning strategies
- Throughout all stages of the project, continue to assess the developments and risks
- Assist in managing third parties to ensure all design and construction risks are mitigated
- Visit site and monitor progress in line with construction programme and advise on potential delays.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- RICS preferred but not essential
- Experience in the retail sector preferred & advantageous
- Ideally based in the South East
- Agree shell specifications with developers on behalf of the client
- Experience of AFL’s & legal agreements
- Manage new build, extension schemes and refurbishment projects from inception through to start on site including the full design and tender process
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects
- Highly motivated and works independently on projects
- Superb communication skills and confident in a client facing role
- Enjoys working as part of a wider team
- Driving licence required.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.