Development Manager - Bolton or Newcastle
Full Time - Bolton or Newcastle
Henry Riley LLP is a leading UK property and construction consultancy with a national and international presence. The success of Henry Riley for 130 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking.
Our experience across numerous sectors, and our commitment to being responsive and reliable, has enabled us to develop strong and ongoing relationships with our clients.
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we are dedicated to training and supporting them to achieve their potential. We value their wellbeing, and our friendly and dynamic working environments and company culture ensure we maintain high staff satisfaction levels.
Henry Riley was one of the first UK construction consultancy firms to be accredited with the Investors In People award and are ‘gold accredited’, which is only awarded to the top 17% of employers.
The Development Manager is responsible for ensuring the requirements of projects are achieved, and the client’s objectives, such as time and commercial (financial) position of construction projects, are effectively controlled and accurately reported.
As a key contact to clients, you will need to build strong relationships and be confident at interpreting and presenting data in the delivery of projects. You will be required to build strong team working skills to manage activities between multiple parties, such as clients, contractors, and professional team members.
Duties and Key Relationships:
- Undertake initial feasibility and determine the project brief
- Work with selected team to deliver the project and oversee their appointment
- Assist the internal team with preparation of reports, developmental proposals etc.
- Provide pre-development advice and due diligence on projects including, designs, cost, construction programmes, solution, viability and more
- Set up, negotiate and administer various form of agreements involving all parties
- Support the team and external team in developing the design and planning strategies
- Throughout all stages of the project, continue to assess the developments and risks
- Assist in managing third parties to ensure all design and construction risks are mitigated
- Visit site and monitor progress in line with construction programme and advise on potential delays.
- Agree shell specifications with developers on behalf of the client
- Manage new build, extension schemes and refurbishment projects from inception through to start on site, including full design and tender process
Key Internal Relationships - Surveyors, Project Manager, Project Directors, Executive Directors, Wider Internal Team
Key External Relationships - Existing clients, Contractors, Design Team
Requirements for the role
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferably within a consultancy
- Experience of the Retail sector preferred & advantageous
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying and/or Project Management
- Ideally be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the equivalent of a similar recognised professional body
- Previous experience of being involved with/supporting the resolution of contractual and legal matters
- Ability to support negotiations with other involved parties
Knowledge and technical skills
- Experience of AFL’s & legal agreements
- Must have in depth knowledge/skills of a Quantity Surveyor and/or a Project Manager
- Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
- Contract knowledge, including JCT and NEC
- Solid knowledge of the Procurement process
- Sound knowledge of Construction Technology to understand and question the solutions presented by the design team as appropriate
Behaviours linked to our values
- Is well organised and can work under pressure
- Tackles problems and takes responsibility for reaching solutions.
- Seeks feedback on and works to improve performance.
- Strong delegation skills.
- Works well with others and demonstrates team player skills
- Changes style to suit different situations/managers/Clients.
- Recognises the key aspects of a problem and works to find a commercially sound solution
- Uses facts, data and rational arguments to influence.
- Understands what colleagues need to know and keeps them informed.
- Timely completion of information on all active projects
- Excellent and clear communication, both written and verbal
- Confident in client facing role
Full UK Driving Licence
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Flexible approach with working from home options
- Professional development training
- Supportive and structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer