Assistant Quantity Surveyor – London or Croydon or Cambridge
Hybrid Working - Competitive Salary
Due to continued growth within our Industrial and logistics division, we are looking to hire an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support our Technical Director in delivering several projects.
You will split your time between office, home and visiting site(s) and be responsible for supporting the day-to-day running of multiple projects whilst reporting into the Technical Director. This position could suit an assistant/graduate level quantity surveyor with a year or more of providing quantity surveying support on projects. Alternatively, a recent graduate with a year placement experience in industry may be capable of fulfilling this role.
The industrial division within Henry Riley is one of the fastest growing sectors within our business and therefore this role comes with fantastic career progression opportunities for ambitious candidates.
Whilst working for Henry Riley you will work with established clients and be responsible for providing the highest level of service and advice to ensure their financial and contractual positions are protected.
For candidates that have a desire to become chartered with the RICS, Henry Riley have an industry leading APC programme with multiple assessors within the business. We can provide full support and training to ensure you achieve your goal to become a Chartered Surveyor whilst working for Henry Riley.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor role include:
- Working as an integral part of a team of surveyors and project managers reporting into the Technical Director on one or more projects
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice
- Attend and/or chair meetings with client
- Prepare financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Prepare full tender documentation
- Provide advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions
- Provide advice on suitability and preparation of contract documents
- Prepare management reports
- Monitor performance milestones and deliverables
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full post contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes
- Provide day-to-day cost management of projects from estimate preparation through to final account settlements
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified or holding a similar equivalent qualification
- Experience of carrying out many of the duties and responsibilities described above, either autonomously or in a supporting role
- Experience of acting in an employer’s agent role would be highly advantageous, however may not be essential
- Experience of working on projects in the built environment is essential. This could be industrial, residential, commercial, education, healthcare or similar
- Specific experience of working on industrial sector projects such as warehouses, distribution centres and similar is advantageous, but not essential
- The ability to work to industry leading systems and procedures
- Confident personality and the ability to communicate with key stakeholders
- Prior experience of working in the UK construction industry is essential
Investors in People accredited since 1998, Henry Riley is a privately owned international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services. Our success isn’t solely down to our ability to be visionary, innovative, and forward thinking, but our people who strive to be ambitious, creative, progressive and aspire to make a difference.
Our Vision is to become a more Diverse and Sustainable business, so we are delighted to learn from our 2021 Diversity & Inclusion survey our people reported we are a great place to work, scoring above our competitors in opportunity for growth, development, and leadership. This sets us in the spotlight for supporting our people with their growth and development in their careers, excellent work life balance and new hybrid working. High on our agenda and key to our Diversity and Inclusion targets, is supporting our people’s mental health and wellbeing.
To help us achieve this, we have partnered with Mates in Mind who will be in raising awareness of Mental Health within our business and the construction industry. As a business we are working hard to actively reduce our carbon footprint and endeavour to undertake all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Henry Riley is EcoVadis Gold accredited, putting us in the top 5% of companies for our sustainability management system.
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.