Apprentice IT Support Assistant
Full Time - Croydon
Henry Riley LLP is a leading UK and property and construction consultancy with a national and international presence. The success of Henry Riley for 130 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking.
Our experience across numerous sectors and our commitment to being responsive and reliable, has enabled us to develop strong and ongoing relationships with our clients.
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we are dedicated to training and supporting them to achieve their potential. We value their wellbeing, and our friendly and dynamic working environments and company culture ensure we maintain high staff satisfaction levels.
Henry Riley was one of the first UK construction consultancy firms to be accredited with the Investors In People award and are ‘gold accredited’, which is only awarded to the top 17% of employers.
Our working practices are underpinned by internal values, which we expect our employees to understand, embrace and apply to everything we do, therefore creating an environment for everyone to grow and work as a truly cohesive team.
Purpose and Scope
We have an exciting position in our Croydon head office for an IT Support Assistant to work within and support our IT department. This opportunity provides an Apprenticeship alongside invaluable work experience as you learn.
The primary function of this position is to provide general assistance to the team and giving first line support on the IT Service Desk which includes resolving IT and other technical related issues for users across the business.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity for a driven, motivated and IT passionate individual to join a friendly, dynamic and supportive business to kick-start their IT career.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provide IT support to internal users; investigate problems, determine possible solutions and provide suitable resolutions.
- Support and communicate with users over the phone, email or face to face
- Troubleshoot and diagnose IT problems quickly and effectively
- Ensure all requests are logged and maintained in the company Service Desk software
- Prioritise work and action all service requests in a timely manner
- Install, configure and maintain workstations, smartphones, tablets and other related equipment.
- Create documentation to assist users and support the IT systems.
- Involvement in the new starter on-boarding process by providing IT Inductions and introductions to the IT systems used in the business.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of computer hardware on the company asset database.
- Undertake additional tasks as may be required by the Senior IT Technician/Head of IT.
Key Internal Relationships - IT Team, Executive Directors, all technical and corporate service staff.
Requirements for the role
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 1+ year of experience in a previous IT support Assistant role or IT service desk experience is desirable.
- We can consider experience of IT support within a domestic/personal environment.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent including Maths and English.
- Or; hold A-level/BTEC in IT is desirable.
Knowledge and technical skills
- Software & hardware troubleshooting
- Experience and knowledge of using Microsoft Windows 10 and Office including Microsoft 365
- Basic understanding of Network Principles
- Understanding of Apple iOS and Mobile Device Management
- An understanding of the Active Directory and Windows user management would be beneficial.
Behaviours linked to our values
- Strong, clear and effective communication skills both written and verbal, including remotely using video/screen share, telephone, email and face to face support
- Have demonstrable interpersonal skills and work with people from all levels of the business
- Proven problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints, holding strong organisational skills and ability to handle a busy workload
- Have an approachable, flexible and professional attitude with the ability to effectively explain technical issues and provide an excellent standard of customer care
- Enthusiasm and passion for IT and technology with motivation and willingness to learn and expand knowledge
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Flexible approach with working from home options
- Professional development training
- Supportive and structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer